1992 – 1998 Stedelijk Gymnasium, Leiden
1998 – 2002 Ba Academy of Photography (Fotoacademie), Amsterdam
- Autonomous, Portrait, Fashion and Documentary
2004 – 2008 Ba Comparative Literature, University of Amsterdam, cum laude
- Minor Aesthetics and Contemporary Art Theory
- Minor Cultural Studies, Bath Spa University, Bath, UK
2008 – 2009 Post-baccalaureate Philosophy, Columbia University, New York
- Fulbright scholarship
- Huygens scholarship (HSP)
2011 – 2013 Ma Philosophy, University of Amsterdam, cum laude
2013 - end Certificate Masterclass Exhibition Maker, Van Gogh Museum.
- Resulting in the exhibition “Hoe verzamelt een kunstenaar?”, Collectie Mesdag, The Hague.
Summer 2014 Node Center for Curatorial Studies - Berlin
- Expanding Exhibitions: Innovative Approaches to Curating
- How to Make a Book: Art Publications from Start to Finish
- Social Media for Gallerists and Art professional
2010 – 2011 Researcher and curator at Partizan Publik
- Researcher for the Power House Project, an art space and artist-in-residence in Detroit. Focus: community art and site-specific installation art.
- Curator and communication strategist for a cancer fundraising event for the Dutch Cancer Institute.
2011 – 2012 Assistant artistic director and dramaturge Robodock festival 2012.
- Project manager, concept developer, fundraiser, coordinator of the performance group, dramaturge.
2012 Curator kick-off event “Why Poverty?”
- Curator and project manager of the kick-off day in the Academy building in Utrecht, in collaboration with Solidaridad and the Culturele Zondagen.
- Researcher, concept developer and coordinator of the Big Debate on Poverty with (‘het Grote Armoededebat’) in collaboration with journalist Peter van Ingen.
2013 Curator and producer exhibition ‘Shadowboxing’ in Loft Project Etagi, St. Petersburg.
- Curator, fundraiser, project manager.
- Performer in shadow performance ‘Trash, Trust, Tricks’, in collaboration with Serge Onnen.
2013 Curator and producer Event series ‘Les Salons des Arts Imaginaires’
As part of the exhibition ‘Mijn Derde Land’ at Huize Frankendael.
- Curator, project manager, fundraiser.
- Salon I, Museumnight ‘The Pataphysical Salon’, in collaboration with the Dutch Academy of Pataphysics (N.A.P.).
- Salon II, “Invisible Cities”, a night inspired by Constant Nieuwenhuys New Babylon and Italo Calvino’s Invisible Cities.
- Salon III, “Temples, Gardens and Talismänner”, a night exploring the different forms, meanings and functions of heterotopia situated in different (personal) spaces and objects.
2013 Co-curator exhibition “Hoe verzamelt een kunstenaar?”, part of the masterclass exhibition making, van Gogh Museum.
- Designer and producer of education program ‘Pet’s Place’ and the ‘Knappe Kunst Koffer’
2014 Co-curator and producer of exhibition, performance, workshops and theatre piece on Vaclav Havel.“Club Interbellum – 89. We Are Happy.”
Part of the program “Festival ’89: Civil Courage. Revolution. Democracy. Europe” in de Balie, Amsterdam, on the 15th and 16th of November.
2010 – present Independent Printmaking Practice at MK24 printmaking studio, Amsterdam
Summer 2014 Printmaking Intensive at MK24 printmaking studio, Amsterdam
September – November 2014 Letterpress, Amsterdams Grafisch Werkcentrum, Amsterdam
November – December Screenprint at MK24, Amsterdam
December 2014 - Screenprint on Textile at the Amsterdams Grafisch Atelier, Amsterdam
~ February/March 2014 Tapei Artist Village, Taipei, Taiwan
~ April/May/June 2014 Institute for Provocation, Beijing, China
~ expected in March 2015 Arquetopia Printmaking Artist-in-Residency, Puebla, Mexico